Friday, March 4, 2011

Foot: I Heart Novels

After reading "I heart Novels" I was amazed. An entire novel made through a cell phone? I can hardly write a 10 page paper on my computer! Honestly, I had never heard of anyone doing this until I read this article, but I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. In conjunction with the last post from "I'm So Totally, Digitally Close to You", I wondered if someone could take all of their tweets or Facebook status updates and somehow make them into a novel? Just like the cell phone novel, the information would be raw and be exactly what the author intended.

I actually just got a smart phone, and with all the access I have to different websites, I could see writing a novel through it. (Even though I'm still getting used to the touchscreen keyboard) I actually have my own blog with my personal non-school writings in it, that contains my own raw reactions and opinions.

I have one small problem with cell phone books though: I feel like we may lose the credibility of literature if anyone can just write a novel from their cell phone. I'm fine with these books being written, but if we as teachers try to teach these books, will others appreciate that someone wrote their novel from a cell phone?

I do like the idea of using this in a classroom though. If I student has an easier time using their cellphone to write assignments, then I think I would let them have that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment