Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Foot: I'm so Totally, Digitally Close to You!

My favorite quote from this article was, "For students, it was now like being at a giant, open party filled with everyone you know, able to eavesdrop on what everyone else was saying, all the time." I thought this was so true, but hardly ever realized it. I'm usually really careful about what I post online, but when I'm on my facebook, I see so many of my friends posting things that shock me! I have one friend on facebook that actually posted her positive pregnancy test. I was actually a little disgusted at that, but thought to myself, "since when has it become okay to share this much information with people that you don't see on a weekly basis?"  However, like the article said, I have become aware of my friend's emotions, and every little change in their behavior is somewhat noted in my head.

I just started watching a TV series that really kind of sucks, but it's about a lady that gets pregnant and her VERY young baby daddy moves in with her. At one point, the relationships in the show were getting super complicated and she said, "I better update my facebook status." It made me laugh, but it also made me kind of sad. Has it come down to getting to know people through technology? I have always liked in-person interactions so much more because you can tell the tone of voice someone is using and how their body looks. It's just weird to think that the way we get "close" to people is digitally. I wonder what technological advances are to come to make "face time" even less probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment