Saturday, December 18, 2010

Final Reflection

I thought this class was so much fun. I actually looked forward to going to class and discussing what we were reading or working on. It was formatted in such a great way too. Beers really focused on finding books that peak the students' interests and letting them choose their books, and this was modeled excellently in our class. We could pick out books that suited us and made us enjoy reading them. We also learned how to hook students' interest by reading and teasing a book. This was even modeled in the class by Dr. Pytash reading parts of books we may find fun to read. I think the best part of the class were the days when we came in to discuss the books we had read. I loved getting in our groups and seeing what exercise we would be doing to discuss them. It gave me some great ideas to use in my own classroom. My favorite exercise was when we had to draw pictures representing the book, and then pick one quote for it. I honestly believe that I will use this in my classroom.

Overall, this class was great. I learned so much by being in it and through reading the textbook! It was the one class I looked forward to being in, and the one textbook I didn't mind reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment